Miscellaneous deposits transaction is used for posting directly to a bank account cash received that has not been as a result of a receipt from a sales invoice or some other form of sales income. Items such as borrowings, interest received, capital contributions, share subscriptions, repayments of loans etc. As a miscellaneous deposit is always associated with a bank account, it is accessed from fly-out menu of the particular bank account.
If monies are received from a Customer and the user is not yet ready to allocate the funds to sales invoices use miscellaneous deposit to place them on the customer account by, on the line item, selecting the customer account. Amounts will be visible on the customer ledger.
Enter any reference to be associated with the transaction.
The date of the transaction. Dates can either be entered manually or selected from the pop-up calendar by clicking on the icon. Dates must be entered in the format DD/MM/YYYY, for example, 01/01/2000.
When entering dates manually, a date guessing routine speeds up the input by taking the user input and assuming the missing month and or year based on the current date as the user leaves the field i.e.
the date today is 30th October 2009
- User enters 15 or 15/ and tabs - field displays 15/10/2009
- User enters 15/9 or 15/9/ and tabs - field displays 15/9/2009
If appropriate you can use this field to associate a receipt of funds with an customer, supplier, employee, company/LLP member, or a tax authority.
Auto-complete field names
Rather than a drop-down to select from a list, simply start typing and the system will identify any occurrences of the combination of characters entered and you select from that shorter list. As an example, type 'able' and the system will offer:
Adding new customers / suppliers
If the combination of characters you enter does not provide any results, press tab and the system will know you need to add the customer/supplier and ask you to confirm the details. At this point add address, email contact etc if required.
Select the bank account to which the funds are to be deposited.
ADD ITEM button accesses the line item input. Select the Item from the drop-down.
SAVE ITEM button saves that line item in the screen. Clicking ADD ITEM button on each occasion allows user to enter further line items. UNDO ITEM cancels the current line item data.
The account drop down list is used to associate the line item of a transaction with an account from the chart of accounts.
- If nothing is displayed either
- simply start typing an account name or ledger code and the system will provide a list of potential selections; choose the required account by clicking on it.
- or click the icon
- to display a list of document-type sensitive account possibilities. Note to change to other account-type options click the small down arrow at the base of the screen
- If an account is displayed
- In many instances once a third party (customer, supplier or employee etc) has been selected the account box will display a default learned account. For other associated learned accounts click the icon. Note to change to other account-type options click the small down arrow at the base of the screen
Enter the amount of the deposit.
Any analysis to Branches/Funds and/or Activities is selected on the analysis tab.
When ready click SUBMIT to complete the transaction.