The bank takings transaction allows you to record the details of any cash based banking that you carry out. You can record each cheque item that you bank individually, or simply group them together as one.
In effect the screen mirrors a bank paying in slip.
The bank account for the deposit.
A default may be displayed if it has been set in Document Settings or on the Customer record. This default may be overwritten.
To set a default, if it has not already been done, navigate to Document Settings under the Control menu. This will set a general default across all Customers.
Control - Document Settings - select Default Customer Receipts Account
If necessary a Customer specific default can be set on the Customer Record
Accounts - Customers - Click Open in the action box - Commercial Details Tab - Amend the Request Remittance To field
The date of the transaction. Dates can either be entered manually or selected from the pop-up calendar by clicking on the icon. Dates must be entered in the format DD/MM/YYYY, for example, 01/01/2000.
When entering dates manually, a date guessing routine speeds up the input by taking the user input and assuming the missing month and or year based on the current date as the user leaves the field i.e.
the date today is 30th October 2009
- User enters 15 or 15/ and tabs - field displays 15/10/2009
- User enters 15/9 or 15/9/ and tabs - field displays 15/9/2009
Enter any reference to be associated with the transaction.
The account drop down list is used to associate the line item of a transaction with an account from the chart of accounts.
- If nothing is displayed either
- simply start typing an account name or ledger code and the system will provide a list of potential selections; choose the required account by clicking on it.
- or click the icon
- to display a list of document-type sensitive account possibilities. Note to change to other account-type options click the small down arrow at the base of the screen
- If an account is displayed
- In many instances once a third party (customer, supplier or employee etc) has been selected the account box will display a default learned account. For other associated learned accounts click the icon. Note to change to other account-type options click the small down arrow at the base of the screen
A list of all the tender types that are available.
A payee reference can be entered for each cheque that is being banked.
The amount is the value of the item associated with this transaction.