Manage User Access
This screen is used to manage user access. A User with Controller, Accountant or Business Administrator access rights can edit the existing role of a user as well as revoke access from a user. Additionally the access rights of a user with a particular role can be further refined by restricting specific menu items connected with the selected role.
The roles drop down list is used to associate a user with an appropriate role. All users of the system will have a role that determines what features they are able to access and use.
The roles available are briefly described below:-
- Analyst Overview
- This role allows a user to view analytical processes and reports only, no transactions may be entered or amended. Appropriate for a user charged with overview, analysing and planning for the organisation.
- Provides access to all features of the system including set-up and administration. Appropriate for a user who has set up the entity and is a/the senior financial manager for it. The supervisor from an Accountant or Advisor will often have his role.
- Provides access to all features of the system with the exception of Payroll Administrator. Appropriate for a user who has set up the organisation and is a/the senior financial manager for it but where the payroll and P11D features are not being used.
- Business Administrator
- This role allows a user to set-up the basic structure and profile of an entity, but with no access to the accounting features and data input. Appropriate for a user providing administration support.
- A role similar to the Accountant role except that access to set-up and administration is not available. Appropriate for a user providing full bookkeeping services to the organisation, but for who it is not required to set-up and provide other administration services for the entity.
- Asset Administrator
- This role allows a user to access the asset register only. Appropriate for a user only responsible for managing the asset register and adding new assets.
- Enhanced User
- This role allows a user to access all the main accounting and reporting functions but without access to stock, payroll, asset register, set-up and administration. Appropriate for an experienced and knowledgeable user undertaking substantially accounting management and transaction inputting.
- Regular User
- This role allows a user to enter basic transactions for the entity. Appropriate for a user undertaking the basic inputting of transactions where there is supervision to call upon.
- Cashbook User
- This role allows a user to deal with simple cash based transactions for the entity. Appropriate for a user entering cash based transactions only.
- Stock Administrator
- This role allows a user full access to the stock, purchase order processing and sales order processing. Appropriate for a user responsible for the full management of Sales Order and Purchase order processing and stock.
- Stock Handler
- This role allows a user access to processes for managing stock only Appropriate for a user only responsible for the management and administration of stock such as a warehouse manager.
- Gift Aid Administrator
- Only available for Not for Profit entities, this role allows a user to administer the donor ledger and prepare and submit online gift aid claims. Appropriate for a user charged managing gift aid and the donor ledger
- Donation Administrator
- Only available for Not for Profit entities, this role allows a user to administer the donor ledger and donations. Appropriate for a user charged managing the donor ledger
- Payroll Administrator
- Provides access to the payroll and management of P11D's. Appropriate for a user responsible for solely running and administrating the payroll on the system.
- Sales/Credit Controller
- This role allows access to sales activity, sales ledger and credit control functions. Appropriate for a user who is responsible for sales administration and credit controller.
- Purchase Controller
- This role allows access to purchase activities and purchase ledger Appropriate for a user who is responsible for buying and purchase administration.
The menu items appropriate to the current role for this user are displayed. To additionally restrict access to a particular menu item or items usually associated with this role toggle the switch adjacent to the items to be restricted; green indicates restricted. Click the OK symbol at the base of the page to store.
These additional items will not be available for the user when next they log-in.
Note that if the role is subsequently changed, these menu items will still remain restricted until the toggle switch is changed back. So it is good practice when a role changes to also review the restricted items.
Use this button to revoke this specific user access to the organisation.
To add a new user click the red + button; the Add User screen is presented.