Chart of Accounts
This screen provides a list of the accounts set up for the Organisation. The Accounts menu provides views of the chart of accounts filtered by account type.
For each account in the list the current balance is displayed. In the case of income expenditure
The screen usually presents a list of accounts for the selected account type, to move quickly to a different account type select a new account type list by using the drop-down.
A number of actions can be selected from the box. Those actions available will depend on the account type so not all will be visible.
- Opens the transaction register for the account and allows for editing or viewing transactions
- Opens the account set-up and configuration options. See Account Details Maintenance
- If no transactions have been posted to the account then it may be deleted
- Statement Import (Bank/Credit Card Accounts only)
- Moves directly to the bank statement import process and screens for the account
- Import Rules(Bank/Credit Card Accounts only)
- Bank statement import rules for this account can be created and maintained
- Reconcile (Bank/Credit Card Accounts only)
- Open the manual bank reconciliation screen
Key Account Monitor button
Click on the target symbol (so the centre is solid) to display the account summary on the organisation home page. Click so that the centre is open to remove the account from the home page.
Add a Custom Account
Click the red + symbol to open the Add Account screen. See Add Account
Account Hierarchies and Indenting
Liberty accounts allows you to create hierarchies of accounts. When viewing your chart of accounts the hierarchy is displayed using "...." to indicate that an account has a prior parent account.