Create a New User Account
This screen is used to create a new user from within an existing entity when the user does not already have a user account with the system.
If they do have a user account then use the blue Add User link at the top of the page.
A unique user name is required in order for you to be able to use the application. User names can be a maximum of 25 characters, are case sensitive and can be a combination of letters and numbers.
Select an Initial Role from the Roles dropdown box.
The roles drop down list is used to associate a user with an appropriate role. All users of the system will have a role that determines what features they are able to access and use.
The roles available are briefly described below:-
- Analyst Overview
- This role allows a user to view analytical processes and reports only, no transactions may be entered or amended. Appropriate for a user charged with overview, analysing and planning for the organisation.
- Provides access to all features of the system including set-up and administration. Appropriate for a user who has set up the entity and is a/the senior financial manager for it. The supervisor from an Accountant or Advisor will often have his role.
- Provides access to all features of the system with the exception of Payroll Administrator. Appropriate for a user who has set up the organisation and is a/the senior financial manager for it but where the payroll and P11D features are not being used.
- Business Administrator
- This role allows a user to set-up the basic structure and profile of an entity, but with no access to the accounting features and data input. Appropriate for a user providing administration support.
- A role similar to the Accountant role except that access to set-up and administration is not available. Appropriate for a user providing full bookkeeping services to the organisation, but for who it is not required to set-up and provide other administration services for the entity.
- Asset Administrator
- This role allows a user to access the asset register only. Appropriate for a user only responsible for managing the asset register and adding new assets.
- Enhanced User
- This role allows a user to access all the main accounting and reporting functions but without access to stock, payroll, asset register, set-up and administration. Appropriate for an experienced and knowledgeable user undertaking substantially accounting management and transaction inputting.
- Regular User
- This role allows a user to enter basic transactions for the entity. Appropriate for a user undertaking the basic inputting of transactions where there is supervision to call upon.
- Cashbook User
- This role allows a user to deal with simple cash based transactions for the entity. Appropriate for a user entering cash based transactions only.
- Stock Administrator
- This role allows a user full access to the stock, purchase order processing and sales order processing. Appropriate for a user responsible for the full management of Sales Order and Purchase order processing and stock.
- Stock Handler
- This role allows a user access to processes for managing stock only Appropriate for a user only responsible for the management and administration of stock such as a warehouse manager.
- Gift Aid Administrator
- Only available for Not for Profit entities, this role allows a user to administer the donor ledger and prepare and submit online gift aid claims. Appropriate for a user charged managing gift aid and the donor ledger
- Donation Administrator
- Only available for Not for Profit entities, this role allows a user to administer the donor ledger and donations. Appropriate for a user charged managing the donor ledger
- Payroll Administrator
- Provides access to the payroll and management of P11D's. Appropriate for a user responsible for solely running and administrating the payroll on the system.
- Sales/Credit Controller
- This role allows access to sales activity, sales ledger and credit control functions. Appropriate for a user who is responsible for sales administration and credit controller.
- Purchase Controller
- This role allows access to purchase activities and purchase ledger Appropriate for a user who is responsible for buying and purchase administration.
Enter name details for the new user.
Enter e-mail address of user for correspondence. The user must have a valid e-mail address to use this application.
By default an email is sent to the new user telling them you have created this account on their behalf and a copy of the email is also sent to you as the creator. The email includes their assigned user name (which cannot be changed) and a generated password which they are advised to change immediately. If you elect to suppress the email, by ticking the box below, the password will only be sent to the email address associated with your user account.