Import Expense Items
When an expense or mileage claim is entered an option is available to have the payment made via a payroll run. This page is used to manage those Expense and Mileage claim payments.
When a Payroll run has been set, clicking on IMPORT EXPENSES button opens up this list of pending (to be paid through the payroll but not yet paid) expense and mileage claims.
Confirm the date range for the import
The default selection is all employees, but a particular employee may be selected.
The status of any expenses or mileage claim can be viewed by using the Status selection.
- Pending items
- Within the date window, lists those expenses items for which no action has yet been taken
- Items added to payroll
- Within the date window, displays a list of those items that have been added to payroll runs but not yet processed.
- Hidden items
- Within the date window, lists expense items that have the status set to hidden
- All paid items
- Within the date window, lists all those items that have been paid via a payroll
- All unpaid items
- Within the date window, lists all those items that have not been paid via a payroll, in other words remain to be paid via payroll
Note an item with a status set to hidden means that it is not being presented as pending in the list, but it potentially remains in an un-reimbursed condition. The user is responsible for dealing with it.
Add to Pay
Tick Add to Pay box adjacent to those claims to paid through this payroll run.
Click SUBMIT to confirm the import and then click on PAYRUNS to return to the Payroll Run Settings screen.