An image of a document associated with a transaction may be stored by the system or referenced to an external storage facility.
The feature for internal document storage and/or external document referencing is configured on the Organisation profile.
Control- Organisation Profile - Optional Features Tab
There are two options available.
- External Document Storage
- In this selection a link to an 3rd party external storage facility, such as "Dropbox" can added to the transaction. There is no charge associated with enabling this feature.
- Internal Document Storage
- With this selection clients may upload their documents to the system and determine the number of years the documents are retained. There is a default of 99 years. There is a chargeable option.
Transaction Types to which a document may be attached
Documents may be attached to the following transaction types:
- Bills and Supplier Credit Notes
- Payments (all types)
- Expense Claims
- Mileage Claims
External Document Storage
Once the external document storage selection is confirmed the following symbol is visible in the header area of the transaction input screen. Click on the symbol and a dialogue box is opened and the user can input the URL link for the stored document.
Once a link has been successfully added the symbol becomes . Click the symbol to:
- View Link
- to see the document
- Edit Link
- to edit or delete the link
Internal Document Storage
Once the internal document storage selection is confirmed the following symbol is visible in the header area of the transaction input screen. Click on the symbol and a dialogue box is opened and the user can to upload the document image file. The file size is then displayed on the screen.
Click SUBMIT and the image is uploaded and displayed. The image can be DELETED if necessary.
Once an image has been successfully uploaded the symbol becomes Click the symbol to view the image.
Note document images can be up to 2Mb in size and in the following common formats: