Managing the Organisations Vehicles
The system provides a feature to allow organisation owned vehicles to be easily managed from a reporting, accounting and P11D point of view.
- Storing the details of owned vehicles
- Storing details of employee users of the vehicles
- Calculates any Car, Van and fuel benefits for P11D if Tracking of Employee Expenses and benefits.
- Output a report, which also shows the periods of usage of a vehicle by any particular employee. This allows a user to compute any tax or national insurance liabilities.
For each income tax year the system is updated with the relevant parameters as set by HMRC.
The process summary is as follows:
- Ensure details of the employee are setup
- Set up details of all owned vehicles which are likely to be used by employees
- Allocate vehicles to the employees using them
Setting up details of an owned vehicle
It will be necessary to have to hand details of the vehicle (usually available from the registration documentation) as well as the official list prices. Go to the Expenses menu to enter the details of the vehicle.
Expenses - Assets and Vehicles - Add Vehicle
If the Assets and Vehicles menu items are not visible then switch them on from the Organisation Profile and the Optional Features Tab
Control - Organisation Profile - Optional Features
Tick the Vehicle and Vehicle Allocation Register box.
From Add Vehicle the vehicle maintenance screen is displayed. Enter the vehicle details. Note the vehicle can be a car, van or motorcycle. Most of the information will be available from the registration documentation.
Allocating vehicles to the employees using them
If a vehicle is being used by an employee for private use; then a potential tax liability exists. By using the allocation routine a report can be produced and the system will compute any tax and national insurance liability if Personnel P11D Expense and Benefit Tracking is set.
The vehicle allocation screen is accessed via the Payroll Menu.
HMRC - Vehicle Allocations
The vehicle allocation maintenance screen is displayed, select the relevant Employee from the drop down list. Likewise select the Vehicle from the drop down. From and To dates define the period of availability.