Mileage Claim List
When an employee or director of a business claims a mileage allowance for the use of a private vehicle on a business activity, the value of the claim needs to be recorded. Liberty Accounts provides a specific transaction for this purpose that covers:
- Storing the mileage against a vehicle type and an employee and keeping totals
- Storing a mileage claim rate and calculating the amount of the reimbursement
- Automatically journalise the figures
- Output a report that also shows any impact against the Approved Mileage Allowance Payments currently published by the HMRC for tax allowance purposes
- In the case of a VAT registered organisation that has in its possession relevant documents (VAT Invoice), recover the VAT on the deemed fuel element from rates published from time to time by HMRC
This screen provides a list of any mileage claims entered between the given dates. The list can also be filtered by claimant and/or items paid via the payroll.
The EDIT button will allow you to view/modify a claim. The VIEW button may be displayed in place of the EDIT button where an entry in the list cannot be updated. The DELETE button will allow you to delete a claim.
To add a new mileage claim, click the red + symbol and select the Mlg button.